- 1 1/2 cups (150 grams) graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup (75 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
Cheesecake Filling Ingredients:
- 4 packages (8 ounces or 226 grams each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (240 grams) sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups (250 grams) granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (about 6 grams) grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
For the Lemon Glaze (optional):
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon (about 8 grams) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) grated lemon zest
Prepare the crust:
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar together in a bowl until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan and about 1 inch (2.5 cm) up the sides. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 8 minutes, then remove and set aside to cool slightly.
Make the filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sour cream and sugar, and beat until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Gently stir in the flour, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract until smooth.
Bake the cheesecake:
- Pour the filling into the crust.
- Place the springform pan on a middle rack in the oven and bake at 350°F (175°C) for about 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until the center is almost set but still slightly jiggly.
- Turn off the oven, open the oven door slightly, and let the cheesecake cool in the oven for 1 hour to prevent cracking.
Chill the cheesecake:
- After cooling in the oven, remove the cheesecake and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
Prepare the lemon glaze (optional):
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in the lemon juice and water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat and stir in the lemon zest.
- Cool to room temperature, then spread over the cheesecake before chilling.
Finish and serve:
- Once the cheesecake is thoroughly chilled, run a knife around the edges of the pan, and then release and remove the springform pan sides.
- If you've made the lemon glaze, spread it over the top of the cheesecake.
- Cut into slices and serve.
Enjoy your homemade lemon cheesecake!